Live, Online Conference – Feb. 2-5Mark your calendars! PROBIRT will be bringing band instrument repair clinics right into your shop or home on Friday, February 2nd through Monday, February 5th. Sit in your favorite easy chair or keep working at your bench while attending these online events by several experts in the industy, including David Laws, Bob Baier, and Gary Emery.
Topics will include:
Professional saxophone mechanical overhaul
Improving your estimates
Bracing the slide receiver on a rotor trombone
Uses for rotary tools
Soft soldering basics
Silver soldering basics
Marketing for musical instrument repair techs
Replacing a French horn lead pipe
Replacing tubing on a trombone handslide
Total quality for repair technicians
Buffing basics and safety
More topics to be added and listed topics are subject to change. Final schedule will be posted shortly.
Group MembershipsProbirt is pleased to announce that Group Memberships are available that offer you a subscription for less than 1/3 the normal price. Each group member will have the same privileges and access to the site as regular members.
How does it work?
To see if there’s a group you can join, go to www.fundable.org and SEARCH for “PROBIRT.” If there is, just join! It’s safe, secure, and you’re not charged unless and until they get a whole group together. For more information about how Fundable works, go to www.fundable.org/groupactionguide or www.fundable.org/faq.
To set up a group
If there isn’t a group set up and you want to start one, here’s what you do:
1. Sign up and create a "group action" on www.fundable.org to collect a total of $400 from a group of 10 people for a PROBIRT Group Membership. This makes you the group leader.
2. Either wait for people to find it or contact people you know who may be interested. You can often do this through related news groups. Each interested person will go to the page and pledge to pay $40.
3. Once all pledges are collected, Fundable turns them into real payments.
4. Fundable sends the funds collected to you, the group leader, and you in turn send it to PROBIRT along with a list of the Group Members' names, desired usernames, and email addresses.
5. Individual PROBIRT memberships are set up and the members are notified.
For more information on setting up a group, go to www.fundable.org/groupactionguide or www.fundable.org/faq
Recent Videos Added to PROBIRT.comDon’t miss the latest in the series of videos by “Fast Eddie” Strege under the General Videos and Dent Removal video topics.
If you’ve seen his fast-paced “100 Tips and Tricks” clinic he often does, you’ve seen less than 1/3 of his full clinic. The latest additions include:
Repairing Cracks in Brass Tubing
Piston and Casing Repair
Casing Thread Repair
Removing Stuck Valve Caps
Removing Stuck Slides
Basic Piston Repair
Also recently added to the video library is part one in a series of lathe clinics by Larry Mueller. In this video Larry discusses safety, care and maintenance, and the various tooling. Using several different mini lathes, he’ll take you on a tour of the lathes and their various components, and demonstrates the basic cutting operations. If you’re new to machining, this is an excellent place to start. Parts II and III will be coming soon.
Also be sure to check out the free videos and video excerpts.