HAPPY NEW YEAR...AND HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
I hope you had a great holiday season and wish you a happy and healthy 2006. Not only is it a new year, it’s the first anniversary of PROBIRT! That’s right, it was one year ago today that we launched our Web site. Hey, where’s the cake?
The Web site generated a lot of interest, both from people within the repair trade as well as many outside. Two things quickly became apparent. First, by limiting the site to practicing repair technicians, many people were being turned away who had expertise in complementary fields, people from whom we repair technicians could learn much. Second, the site was taking more time and costing more money than expected — it would need to start generating its own income.
Thus, we completely revamped the site. In the middle of heavy repair season, no less. Trust me, we won’t make that mistake again anytime soon! While we’ve made many changes and added new features, more are on the way. Some of the most notable changes are:
1. A new, faster loading site design, especially good news for dial-up users.
2. A two-tiered subscription membership system — one for technicians and one for non-technician members.
3. A Technician Finder. Because we received so many requests from musicians and students’ parents looking for reputable technicians, we added a Tech Finder to the site. PROBIRT members with technician status can add their business details to their personal settings. That information will be displayed when someone searches for a technician near your zip code. If you have technician status, add your info in the Technician Finder Form
To learn more about the site upgrades and new features, take the site tour
As mentioned above, we’ve instituted an enhanced membership system. The forum area remains free and is open to anyone who wants to read it. In order to post in the forum and access the remainder of the site, a subscription is required. There are two levels of membership:
Regular Member - Designed for members of the music community who don’t earn their living by repairing band instruments. Regular Members have access to all areas of the Web site, receive our email newsletter, and have posting privileges on the forums.
Technician - In addition to the benefits of a Regular Membership, professional repair technicians may post to all areas, including articles, tutorials, tips, etc. They also receive a listing in our Technician Finder.
INTRODUCTORY MEMBERSHIP OFFER!
Subscribe by March 31, 2006 and not only can you sign up at these low introductory subscription prices, they’ll stay in effect for as long as you remain a continuous member:
Monthly - $15.00
Quarterly - $37.50
Semi-Annual - $60.00
Annual - $99.00
In addition, technicians who signed up last year get a Special Deal:
- If you contributed an article or video you’ll receive one free annual membership.
- If you contributed any other content – forum post, tip, link, comment/review, etc. – you get a free quarterly membership.
- All other technicians get a reduced rate of $79 for one annual membership.
WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET OUT OF IT
No matter how you look at it, PROBIRT is a bargain. Where else can you attend live clinics, watch repair videos, search for repair tips, and ask questions of other experts when it’s convenient for you, all from the comfort of that nice cozy desk chair? Just watching one repair video or attending one live clinic can pay for your membership. Take advantage of the low introductory offer and SIGN UP NOW!
LOOKING INTO THE FUTURE
Now that most of the site upgrade is complete, we’ll be turning our attention to completing some training videos that have been languishing for almost a year, as well as adding more articles to the site. Look for information about the PROBIRT Video Tour 2006 and a new video clinician affiliate program in future newsletters.
Thanks, and have a great 2006!
Professional Band Instrument Repair Technician’s (PROBIRT) Resource Site
panerai replica watches
Questions, comments, and reviews
|void RonRobbins (2/20/2006)|